This was added to the site as a customer order for one of our regular customers
Don’t let the idea of travelling alone stop you from living out your dreams. Packed with tips and advice for before and during your travels, The Solo Travel Handbook gives you the confidence and know-how to explore the world on your own, whether you’re planning a once-in-a-lifetime adventure or short city break. Developed with Lonely Planet’s expert travel writers, it explains how and why individual travel is such a valuable and rewarding experience.
Covered topics include:
- Confront and overcome any travel worries
- Decide where to go and plan your itinerary
- Set a budget strategy and organise money
- Find deals on flights and accommodation
- Choose the right luggage and pack like a pro
- Meet fellow travellers and befriend locals
- Ensure you stay safe, happy and healthy
- We also rank the best destinations for road-tripping, food, nightlife, culture, island escapes and more, as well as how to fund your travels while you’re away.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers.
You’ll also find our content online, on mobile, video and in 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more. TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category ‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times ‘Lonely Planet. It’s on everyone’s bookshelves; it’s in every traveller’s hands.
It’s on mobile phones. It’s on the Internet. It’s everywhere, and it’s telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)